All about EXIM Code Registration procedures after Exim code login and renewal of the code.
Traders (both exporters/importers) need to obtain an EXIM Code before pursuing a trade. The EXIM Code is issued by the Department of Customs. In order to obtain the EXIM Code, you will need to submit the following documents to the online portal at the Department of Customs website.
- Application form (downloaded from the website)
- Industry / Firm Registration Certificate
- PAN/VAT Certificate
- Bank Guarantee of 3 Lakhs Rupees
- Recommendation from the bank where the applicant has an account.
- A recent photograph of the applicant
- Location Map of the Business.
Exim Code Login (Exim Portal Nepal): http://188.8.131.52:8484/ieportal/login
All documents must be scanned properly and submitted in the EXIM Portal on the Department of Customs website at: http://184.108.40.206:8484/ and a physical copy must be mailed/submitted to the Department of Customs. The applicant also needs to provide a Bank Guarantee of NRS 300,000 issued by A class commercial Bank. Normally, the code will be issued within one week after the complete submission of the application.
Here are the summarized procedures of EXIM code registration in Nepal.
- Company seeking for EXIM Code needs to be registered at the Department of Commerce or Department of Industry/Department of Cottage and Small Industries
- A registered company at Company Registration Office also needs to be registered at the Department of Commerce or Department of Industry/Department of Cottage and Small Industries for EXIM Code by paying rajaswa at the registering authority as per the company’s capital
- Businesses must fill out an application form available on the Department of Custom’s website.
- You need to submit Bank Guarantee from a Commercial “A” category bank amounting to NPR. 300,000 (the period must be a minimum of 1 year)
- Submit the above-listed documents and EXCISE Duty licence
- After the registration is successful, the Department of Customs will issue the EXIM Code. You need to submit the Original Bank Guarantee letter at DOC while receiving the License.
The 13 letter within the EXIM Code represents the registered PAN number (9 letters) of the firm, 01/02 respectively represents a single ownership (01) or a partnership firm (02), and a special 2-digit unique number is software generated. NP at the end of an EXIM Code represents Nepal.
To illustrate how an EXIM Code is created, let’s look at this example.
Let’s assume HamroRamro Enterprises has an EXIM Code 1234567890147NP
123456789 represent the PAN number of HamroRamro Enterprises
01 represent its single ownership
47 is a software generated unique number
NP represent Nepal
The EXIM Code remains the same for a company throughout its existence, however, due to unpaid taxes, cancellation requests, and Bank Guarantee cancellation; EXIM Code can be cancelled by the Department of Customs but upon request, it can be reinstated with clearance of taxes or any other required documents are submitted. EXIM Code requires annual renewal and an extension of the Bank Guarantee certificate is mandatory.
All about EXIM Code Renewal procedures
Summary of EXIM Code Renewal process with Fees and Fine (FY 2079/80)
The customs department has implemented an automatic export-import code number system and has enabled Exim code renewal online. The renewal fees can also be paid online through ConnectIPS. However, one has to physically visit the customs department or customs office to submit the voucher, bank guarantee, tax payment certificate, and all other documents already uploaded in the Online system. Strange! But that is how things work at government offices.
Any Organization or institution, whether manufacturing or trading, engaged in the Export or Import of any goods or services has to obtain the EXIM code. Traders or Industries with EXIM code must renew the code before the start of the New Fiscal year. If you fail to renew the code, you should pay a penalty and renew it. The code can be renewed until 5 years from the date of renewal dues. After 5 years, the code gets canceled automatically, and you shall apply again to register the EXIM code.
If you are looking for how to renew Exim code in Nepal, Here is the detailed procedure to Renew EXIM Code:
1. Go to EXIM portal (Exim Code renewal Login) : http://220.127.116.11:8484/ieportal/login
2. Login to Access EXIM Portal;
username: Type U and then enter your EXIM Code (U6066…….NP)
password: Enter the password, you have kept or enter your EXIM code (U6066…….NP) as Password
If you are login for the first time, please change the EXIM Portal Password
3. Click on Renew Exim Code, Fill the following fields
- EXIM Code on EXIM Code box
- Renewal Date is the date on which you are going to renew the Exim code
- Type; if your Exim code is issued for the Export purpose only, click on Export Only if your Exim code is issued for Import Purpose only click on Import if your EXIM Code is issued for both Export and Import purpose, click on Export/Import.
- In Remarks Box: Type “EXIM code Renewal”
- Fill in Voucher details according to your Bank Payment Voucher
- Upload Documents
- Voucher Bill and put Document Name as Voucher Bill and click add new
- Tax Clearance and put Document Name as Tax Clearance and click add new
- Company Certificate and put Document Name as Company Certificate and click add new
4. After you submit the documents, you can pay the renewal fees and fine from the dashboard. The portal will provide two methods of payment. If you select “Bank Payment”, you will get bank details, you need to pay at the bank and submit the payment voucher and if you select “Online Payment” option, you will be redirected to ConnectIPS where you can make an online payment.
5. Once you submit all the details and documents and make payment, a submission number would be generated.
6. Submit the documents for verification and renewal at Customs Department
EXIM code Renewal Fee (2079/80)
For Fiscal Year 2078/079: NRS. 1000 ( NRS One Thousand Only)
EXIM code Fine (2079/80):
- If you renew the EXIM code before Asar End: NO FINE
- If you fail to renew before asar end, you can renew before ASHOJ END by paying Rs 500 Fine (Rs 1000+500).
- If you pay within next Asar end, Fine is Rs. 1000. So total: Rs. 1000+ Rs 1000
- If you fail to pay within next Asar end, fine is Rs. 10000. So total cost is: Rs. 10000+1000/year
If you are still confused or want some helping hands for EXIM code registration or renewal, we are right here
If you need any assistance on the Exim code registration or renewal process, BizSewa is always there for you. If still confused about the EXIM code renewal process and documents required to renew the EXIM code, please write your query in the comment box. We will guide you through the process until your code is renewed by the department of customs. We can also assist you in getting a Bang Guarantee for Exim code registration or renewing the Bank guarantee for renewal of the code. Also, we can help you with company registration, Private/ partnership firm registration and Industry registration if you don’t have a business already.