TUESDAY 28 June 2016 | ACCA, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and CA ANZ, the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, have today announced a strategic Alliance which will add value to members locally and globally.
The Alliance brings together the resources of the largest global professional accountancy body with one of the world’s pre-eminent CA bodies, enabling both organisations to strengthen their reach, relevance and resources for members. By sharing expertise across geographies and sectors the Alliance will ultimately
create a stronger voice on behalf of its 788,000 current and next generation professional accountants, comprising of 308,000 members and 480,000 students across 181 countries.
Alexandra Chin, ACCA President said: “As the largest global professional accountancy body we represent the interests of members from around the world, and how we can deliver value to and for them. A significant part of this is looking to the future – 2020 and beyond – and how the profession needs to adapt to not only keep pace and remain relevant, but highlight its pivotal role in business success and the fast-moving global economy.
CA ANZ is a natural partner for ACCA sharing our commitment to upholding the highest ethical, professional and technical standards. We believe this Alliance will increase the value we can provide members and strengthens our position to achieve our shared goals, navigating both the challenges and opportunities that we receive as a profession, and that our members encounter on a day-to-day basis.”
Darren Scammell, CA ANZ President said: “We are delighted to be progressing this Alliance that allows continued growth and success of two highly regarded brands across the world. The Alliance will advance the cause of our members, the businesses they serve and the profession at large.
Members will benefit immediately from the Alliance, which marks the initial step in a valuable long term relationship as well as providing opportunities to advance public value, drive efficiency and better promote and support members.”
The Alliance will:
• Increase the profile of both brands worldwide through their combined and unrivalled network of global offices, and enhanced support to members and other stakeholders.
• Work on initiatives for the overall development and benefit of the profession and business world including joint research and events.
• Provide access to resources, tools and educational products.
• Provide an opportunity for dual membership of both bodies. ACCA members resident in Australia and New Zealand will be invited to apply for CA membership and CA ANZ members will be invited to apply for ACCA membership, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria of the other body.
• Promote a strong proposition for accounting technicians globally to further widen access to the profession.
The Alliance will offer a broader range of products and services to employers, as well as current and future members, ensuring they are truly future proofed. The Alliance is committed to upholding the highest ethical, professional and technical standards and to delivering public value in capital markets and
economies around the world.