Procedures to change company address in Nepal (OCR, IRD and Ward office)
- Pass a resolution to change company address.
- Submit the minutes of meeting to OCR
- Collect approved papers from OCR (government sealed papers along with letters to various authorities)
- Submit the papers alongside an application for address change at ward office
- Submit papers provided by OCR, Ward office to IRD (previous address). They will provide a letter to the new IRD office.*
- Submit the letter provided by IRD at new IRD office along with new rent agreement*
- Finally, Change the address in bank and other places where your business is registered
*If your new address falls under the jurisdiction of the current IRD office, you don’t need to update at IRD.
Any Company can change their company address after completing certain procedures. To change the address of a company in Nepal, the board meeting must pass a resolution to change the company address. After the special shareholder’s meeting, the documents along with the minutes of meetings shall be submitted to the office of company registration (OCR).
You should submit the documents to the dashboard provided by OCR. After you upload the documents, officials of OCR check and review the documents. Note that if there are any fines or dues, they must be all paid in this step. You don’t need to publish a notice in a newspaper like that of a name change process. Also, there are no fees/rajaswa to change company address.
After the process is complete, OCR provides you with letters about the change of company address. You should provide this letter to other authorities and update other documents and licences as well.
These are the authorities/ institutions where you should notify after successfully changing the address of a company:
- Inland Revenue Department (IRD)
- Ward office
- DOT, DOI, Customs department etc (if Applicable)
Once you change the company address and verify it from OCR and IRD, you should change the stamp of company, logo (if it includes address), and letterhead and any other materials with company address in it.