Procedures to change the company name in Nepal
- Pass a resolution to change company name.
- Submit the minutes of meeting to OCR
- Pay the government charges (25% of the registration rajaswa)
- Collect approved papers from OCR (government sealed papers along with letters to various authorities)
- Publish notice about name change in national newspaper
- Submit the scanned copy of Newspaper notice to OCR
- Change names in IRD, bank and other places where your business is registered
Any Company can change their name after completing certain procedures. To change the name of a company in Nepal, the board meeting must pass a resolution to change the name. After the special shareholder’s meeting, the documents along with the minutes of meetings shall be submitted to the office of company registration (OCR).
The documents need to be uploaded to the dashboard provided by OCR. After the documents are uploaded, officials of OCR check and review the documents. Note that if there are any fines or dues, they must be all paid.
During the process, the company shall publish a notice about changing the company name to a national newspaper at least twice. The notice must include the current name, previous name and registration number of the company along with other relevant details.
After the process is complete, OCR provides you with letters about the change of company name. You can provide this letter to other authorities and get other documents rectified/updated as well. You need to upload the photos of the notice published in Newspaper regarding the name change at your OCR dashboard.
These are the authorities/ institutions where you should notify after successfully changing the name of company:
- Inland Revenue Department (IRD)
- DOT, DOI, Customs department etc (if Applicable)
Please make sure to apply for the name that is not already registered. Like registering a new company, you need to provide or apply for a unique name while applying for the name-change of a company. The stamp of company, logo and letterhead shall be changed after successfully changing the name of the company.